Thursday, 1 November 2012

A quick look at the new Burberry Complete Eye Palettes

November 1 is the official release date for the new Burberry Complete Eye Palettes.

First of all, apologies to all my readers - I did have the opportunity to see and photograph these palettes a week ago, but unfortunately I was unable to get to Burberry any sooner than today.

And of course, my Burberry SA is away this week, so I was not able to take individual photos - so a second apology for the crude photographs.

Here is a quick overview.

There are six palettes in the Complete Palette range.

Shades
01 Smokey Grey
02 Mocha
03 Pale Nude
05 Dark Spice
06 Plum Pink
07 Pink Taupe

Each palette comprises four eye shadow shades.  All of the palettes except for 03. Pale Nude contain a darker shade that can be used as a liner.  The eye shadows have apparently been formulated for both wet and dry use.

The palettes come in the typical Burberry velvet pouch, but the pouch has an additional section that contains three mini tools - an angle brush, a sponge tip applicator, and blending brush.

The eye shadow is packaged in a diagonal arrangement, as depicted in the promotional picture that has been floating around online for several months now.

Source: unknown

I have to say, these palettes are better than expected.  The original promotional pictures looked a little cheap and nasty to me, but in person, this is not the case.

Product Pictures
02 Mocha | 01 Smokey Grey | 03 Pale Nude

05 Dark Spice | 07 Taupe Pink | 06 Plum Pink

I was sadly unable to test the palettes, as the testers were not yet available at my counter.  My SA returns next week, I will aim to go back to take better photos and test the quality of each of the palettes as time permits.

I was particularly enamoured by the Smokey Grey and Pale Nude palettes.

I purchased the Mocha palette as this had very 'safe' neutral, wearable colours - I will review and swatch this first chance I get.

I also noticed there is no number 04 palette, which makes me wonder if a new palette will be released soon.  I shall do what I can to find out!

Thank you for looking!

Bern x

6 comments:

  1. These are lovely! Can't wait to see swatches.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Emi!
      Yes, thankfully they aren't quite as 'ugly' as everyone was expecting. Well, in my opinion anyway!
      They aren't mind blowing, but they are pretty good - looking forward to swatching them all.
      Will be working on a review of Mocha today.
      xo

      Delete
  2. Wow, these look stunning! It's hard to tell from the pictures, but are these more matte, or shimmery, or a mixture?
    I can't wait to see swatches! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hiya Carmen!
      None of the shades were 'high shimmer' - they all fit within the usual Burberry eye shadow textures - some matte, some satin, some with minimal shimmer.
      The pattern seemed to be that the darker the shade, the more shimmery it was, in contrast to the lighter shades.
      Hope that helps!
      Will be working on a review of Mocha soon which will hopefully explain everything.
      xo

      Delete
  3. Pink taupe is really gorgeous!
    You have a nice blog with clear fotos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for the feedback Coluchka!
      I am quite new to blogging, so any and all feedback is very much appreciated!
      If you decide to purchase a Burberry palette, please let me know what you think.
      xo

      Delete